child Rayan the full story from start to finish 2022

child Rayan the full story from start to finish

Rayan Oram’s death was an accident on February 1, 2022, followed by intensive rescue attempts, but the accident ended with the announcement of his death on February 5, 2022. The five-year-old Moroccan child, Rayan Oram, had fallen into a deep well near his home on February 1, 2022, and was stuck It was held for five days, until February 5, 2022, at a depth of 32 meters, in the village of Igran, Chefchaouen Province, northern Morocco. During these days, a joint rescue operation was conducted between civil protection personnel, rescue experts, soil and topography, in a determined effort to save it.

His cause gained worldwide fame and sympathy, and millions of people followed his rescue, which was broadcast live on social media and TV channels. A diligent effort was made over a period of 5 days to rescue him, but they ended up finding him dead.

*** Background of the accident

On the afternoon of Tuesday, February 1, 2022, the child Rayan Oram, 5, suddenly disappeared, as he was playing in a place not far from his home. His family initially thought that he was kidnapped, and after searching and using a mobile phone detector, he was found in the early hours of the next morning stuck in a deep well near his house. In the video, he appeared on the searchlight’s phone with injuries to his head. His father said that he went for the afternoon prayer and when he came back he could not find him. Relatives of the child stated that the surface of the well was covered with a metal cap and that a cart likely passed over it and removed it.

With the help of the parents, his father contacted the authorities who rushed to start the rescue operation. They examined the well and found that it was 62 meters deep, and that the child had fallen into it and got stuck at a depth of 32 metres. At first, the civil protection forces used two bulldozers to widen the entrance to the narrow pit, then they lowered a camera documented with ropes and with flashlights to illuminate the place and check on the child. The hashtag #Save_Rayan was issued on the social networking site Twitter in several Arab countries to express their solidarity with the child and his family, including Morocco, Algeria, the Emirates, Egypt and Saudi Arabia, coinciding with the Moroccan authorities’ continuation of rescue efforts. Thousands of social media users expressed their solidarity and sympathy, noting that they are following the developments of the incident moment by moment through the Moroccan and Arab media.

The rescuers had to seek the help of a volunteer from the Moroccan Red Crescent. At first, a volunteer managed to reach a depth of 17 meters, but the first attempt failed. In the second attempt, he reached a depth of 27 meters, but he could not advance further. He confirmed that the child was fine, but lost consciousness and then regained it again due to Weakness and fatigue, as confirmed by the initial observation that he had some superficial wounds on the level of the head. Several attempts were made to save the child before the arrival of the Civil Defense, but all of them failed.

A small camera and tubes of water and oxygen were lowered to the child Rayan, and he appeared to be somewhat fine, as the video recordings showed the child's movement, but it was heavy and weak. Rescue efforts were hampered and faced many difficulties, the last of which was the presence of a boulder that slowed down the horizontal excavation and he continued with simple equipment for fear of landslide. The total number of bulldozers in the area surrounding the deep well reached 6, and the rescue forces worked to expand the place, but with great caution due to the fear of the soil collapsing over the child Rayan .

*** Attempt to rescue

First day

The child Rayan fell into the well on the afternoon of Tuesday, February 1, 2022, when he was playing near the deep well near his home in a village located in the Chefchaouen region in northern Morocco. Several attempts were made to remove the child Rayan by volunteers, but they were unsuccessful due to the narrowness of the well.

The second day

The Moroccan authorities intervened in the drilling process, and brought huge technical means such as bulldozers and used cameras to monitor the condition of the child Rayan stuck in the well at a depth of up to 32 meters, and the day ended without making any progress. The surveillance camera that was lowered to the well monitored the child unconscious and not moving, so the rescue teams rushed to provide him with two water and oxygen tubes around the clock. The security forces, which reinforced their deployment in the place, put up barriers to prevent the crowds from obstructing the rescue teams' efforts.

The third day

The child's family confirmed that he is still alive, despite the passage of more than 50 hours since the excavation began. On this day, the Moroccan authorities intensified their search operations by bringing in more bulldozers. A more complex, strategic rescue plan was taken. The bulldozers began digging a 32-meter-deep corridor parallel to the well in which the child Rayan had fallen. Search operations were temporarily halted that day due to a rockslide, and a team of topographers approached the child's location.

The fourth day

The Moroccan authorities intensified their efforts in this regard, and said that a few meters separates the rescuers from the rescue of the child Rayan. The rescue teams began horizontal excavation operations with the aim of inserting metal and cement pipes horizontally through the parallel corridor to the child’s location, to enter the rescue efforts in a dangerous stage, as partial collapses occurred in the place of the excavation operations due to the nature of the fragile sandy soil in some of the rocky layers, which made the rescue operations slow.

This day marked the manual digging operations as the rescue teams approached the child’s place at a depth of 32 meters underground, and although the digging was manual, it stopped for a period of time due to a rockslide, and the authorities indicated that the digging process is complicated, any collapse may lead to the child’s life . That evening, Rayan had completed 72 hours in the hole, while he was unable to eat or drink, according to the head of the rescue operation.

***Declaration of death RAYAN

On Saturday evening, February 5, 2022, the Moroccan Royal Court announced the death of the child Rayan, as a result of his injuries sustained after falling into the well 5 days ago. King Mohammed VI  made a phone call to the father and mother of the child and expressed his condolences and sincere condolences, and confirmed that he was closely following the developments of this tragic incident, as he instructed all the relevant authorities to take the necessary measures and exert maximum efforts to save the child's life. He also expressed his appreciation For the tireless efforts made by the various authorities and public forces, and associative activities.


The rescue operation of Rayan drew some criticism regarding the Moroccan Prime Minister, Aziz Akhannouch, regarding his "lack of interaction with the issue of the child Rayan who has been stuck for five days", and the failure of his ministers to make official visits to the site of the accident. Criticisms also included the rescue staff and the local authority, which did not appoint an official spokesperson from the beginning, leaving the media to derive news from multiple sources, which sometimes caused conflict, as well as other criticisms regarding the violation of the child's privacy by publishing clear and undisturbed pictures of the child Rayan in a position critical.

A number of local and even Arab media outlets published pictures and a clip of the child inside the well, with his face completely visible and some blood on his forehead, which prompted the Moroccan Press Council to demand that women and media men abide by the ethics of journalism in covering the rescue operation.

The authorities responsible for the camera that was watching Rayan inside the well were criticized, as the official and primary source in the operation stopped publishing updates about the child Rayan, and did not publish any new clips or photos of him starting from the third day of the rescue operation (Thursday), while criticism extended Another is the authorities who allowed a large number of civilians and the press to gather in a random manner at the scene of the accident.


The incident received wide Arab and international interaction with the ordeal of the child Rayan, and calls from everywhere for the success of his rescue. Large Western media outlets paid attention to the incident, and a large number of Internet users followed the race against time that the rescue teams fought. A torrent of messages in all languages ​​streamed on social networks from all over the world.

***Local and Arabic

 This is a tragic issue on the psychological level, and we are in the situation of the children of Rayan's parents who are waiting for relief, said Mustafa Baitas, a spokesman for the Moroccan government.

The child Rayan also mourned the Sheikh of Al-Azhar, Imam Ahmed Al-Tayeb, and a number of heads of state and politicians, including Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai, and Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of the Emirate of Dubai, and Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Commander. The Supreme Council of the Armed Forces of the UAE made a phone call to King Mohammed VI, expressing his condolences. And the director of the private office of the Saudi Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman, published a picture of the child, offering condolences on his death. He was also mourned by Palestinian government spokesman Ibrahim Melhem. And the President of the Arab Parliament, Adel Al-Asumi. And the Speaker of the Iraqi Parliament, Muhammad al-Halbousi, who described this incident as a lesson for all in mobilizing the whole country for the sake of a human being. The Emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, also sent a telegram of condolences and sympathy to King Mohammed VI, as did Crown Prince Sheikh Mishaal Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah and Sheikh Sabah Al-Khaled, the Prime Minister.

The artistic community also expressed its great sadness for the death of the child Rayan and published their condolences on their private pages on social networking sites, including the Moroccan comedian Gad Al-Maleh, the singer Asala Nasri, the artist Balqis Fathi, the Emirati singer Ahlam, the Moroccan artist Latifa Raafat, the Moroccan artist Samira Saeed, and the Egyptian singer Angham, The Syrian actor Basil Khayat, the Syrian actor Qusay Khouli, the Egyptian artist Mohamed Henedy, and the Lebanese artist Ragheb Alama. And the artist Cyrine Abdel Nour, the artist Yasmine Sabry, the singer Ramy Sabry, the artist Amy Samir Ghanem and others.

Condolences were also offered by Moroccan-American novelist Laila El Alami, Algerian football player and Manchester City club Riyad Mahrez, Moroccan player Ashraf Hakimi, player Noureddine Amrabet, and international player Ismail Bennacer. A group of Palestinian citizens performed the absentee prayer in Al-Aqsa Mosque for the soul of the child Rayan.

Moroccan player Abdel Razzaq Hamdallah, a professional in the Saudi Al Ittihad club, announced the donation of a fully equipped house to the family of the child Rayan, as he announced this on his official page on social networking sites, amid great praise and acknowledgment of this solidarity initiative.

The fall of the child Rayan occupied the Algerian public opinion, which interacted with the incident with a lot of sympathy and prayers, in the hope of saving him and returning him to the bosom of his parents, despite the political differences between the two countries and the severe tension that characterizes bilateral relations. Noureddine Belmeddah on his Facebook page: "When the Algerians' wish for the child Rayan to leave safely and well, God willing, you will understand the goodness and compassion of the Algerians and their attachment to their Moroccan neighbors and brothers." They considered that the child Rayan alone defeated the advocates of sedition and war in the two countries, and social media in Morocco were buzzing with messages of thanks and praise for the solidarity of the Algerian people with the child Rayan in his ordeal, expressing their gratitude to the Algerian people.


The American ABC news channel published a report on the story under the title  Rescuers fear for the life of a Moroccan boy trapped in a well.The BBC website, in English, published a report entitled  Rayan: Moroccan rescuers approach a boy who has been stuck in a well for days.    USA Today reported the story under the headline  Rescue men in Morocco race to rescue a boy stuck in a well for days.  As for the Washington Post, it published a report entitled  A boy fell from a height of 100 feet into a well, and the rescue operation that has been going on for days is holding Morocco’s breath. 

Rayan's case received an interaction from international football clubs, who expressed their grief over the child's death and offered condolences to his family, including Manchester United. Seville FC, Barcelona FC, Chelsea FC, and Moroccan Raja FC.

The International Women's Football Association "WIFA" offered its deepest condolences for the loss of the child in the unfortunate accident of the well and announced the establishment of the "Rayan Championship" for friendship for women's football teams in Morocco next summer, in which teams from the Arab Maghreb countries, the Arab Gulf states and some friendly countries will participate.

Condolences were also offered by the British Embassy in Morocco, the embassies of Qatar and Turkey, the Saudi Embassy, ​​the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriate Affairs in Jordan and French President Emmanuel Macron. The Prime Minister of Israel, Naftali Bennett, and the President of the Global Council for Tolerance and Peace, as the World Health Organization called him and thanked the rescuers for their efforts. Pope Francis expressed his affection for the tragedy of the Moroccan child and praised the Moroccans' keenness to save the child's soul and the efforts they made.

***After the accident

The Director of Public Security in Jordan, Major General Hussein Al-Hawatmeh, directed civil defense personnel to conduct rescue exercises similar to the Moroccan child's incident, to ensure their readiness to deal with similar incidents.

A Saudi campaign was launched to report exposed wells inside the Kingdom. Several accounts on Twitter posted a link to informing the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture of the exposed wells, in an attempt to prevent similar accidents to Rayan.

***Similar accidents

The incident of Julen Rossello : a two-year-old Spanish boy who was trapped in a 100-meter (330-foot) well, suffered the same fate.

Ayyash Algeria: A young man in his thirties from Algeria fell into an old well up to 100 meters deep, while its diameter does not exceed 35 centimeters.

Kathy Fiscus : (1945-1949) was an American girl who fell into a well and died.

Alfredo Rambe : (1975-1981) Italian child who fell into a well and died.

Jessica McClure : (born in 1986) is an American girl who fell into a well in 1987 and was rescued.

Lama Al-Roqi : (2005-2014) a Saudi girl who fell into a well during a family outing and they could not save her.

Source : 

#Rayan   #save_Rayan  #child_Rayan

Baby Rayan's death ... Moroccan official statement


Post a Comment

* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.